jueves, octubre 23, 2008

muscle spasms


one night, i was testing IM+ one of the 70++ apps i've downloaded and installed in my iPhone. despite the crappy EDGE connection i've had to live with, i was able to update my Facebook, read the NY Times, and log on to YM using it. if i'm lucky to have linksys as my internet service provider for the day (read: wifi hotspot), i get to call up some skype friends using Fring. but that night, i was testing IM+. 

first order of business was chatting with this friend. what was originally a hi-hello message turned out this way:


by the time i went online properly, he'd already signed out. 

my last line was really a knee-jerk reaction, not an attempt to sound smart. but it made me think. beyond the physical, literal bullshit, can you really sprain your heart? and when you do, what's the cure?

makes me feel sorry for this friend, who's almost sworn himself to celibacy.