sábado, junio 17, 2006

a quick, friendly, cracked-up snippet of a blog post before i go to the gym

i'm officially a bar ho: i now officially barhop for a living. then again, not really! after the debauchery of last time's foray into conspiracy, corik's and m cafe for THE magazine i now predominantly write for, i was called back to do another round of interviews with 2 more bars (well, the other one was a resto), di' mark's along tomas morato, and the still-fresh manila dj club beside zirkoh, greenhills. i'll upload my reviews as soon as i get them done, but all i can say from this gig is, i have to work hard to get my body back to 145. i ate so much stuff (di' mark's pasta, i like. di' mark's big "22" pizza, i love! one small slice is a meal. i can live one day with the small order. it's that filling) i started to second-guess my skinny-fit purple shirt. mdc's obligatory vodka bull sure did crack me up.

sorry no photos, can't camwhore at "work." then again, you can always get the august issue of mabuhay magazine to see how our aventura looked like.

______________________

random quote from one of my classes this sem (specifically, soc sci 3: sexuality and gender something under dr. margie holmes):

"is there a possibility that a straight guy fall for a gay guy, and not just because of money?"

i can't help but crack up inside laughing. so what are gay men now, piggy banks for the straight gigolos? azucarera de papá? there are loads of others i can't say for fear of the academic firing squad. i haven't outed myself yet in this class, but being the rhumcake that i am (a term my brother coined to describe my campness. think fruitcake, just a little more butch.), i'll drop hints here and there like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. watch out!

______________________

as much of an iconoclast as i am (or believe myself to be), i'm a sucker for haute couture ad campaigns. my recent shopping sprees have largely been dictated by ad campaigns. style ideas now come from metaphors i, as a creative person for an ad agency at some point, used to draft ideas for ad campaigns. the brands i choose are dictated by 1. tailoring, 2. quality, 3. ad campaign. my recent music collection's been influenced by ad campaigns the strike my fancy (i.e., rjd2's "the horror" is used in the european tv adverts for levi's "moonbathing" campaign). check salvatore ferragamo's "i love salvatore" campaign, for instance:




i think that's jessica stam. that snarly-lipped model reminds me of a classy avril lavigne.

or the classic - dior:



kate moss this time.

of course, havaianas ads are ALWAYS very witty. i wonder why beach walk/islander never thought of doing these kinds of campaigns:




i'll add more photos, especially that kate spade ad where the photo kinda mimicked newton's apple or something. but these are what strike me right now.

except that i'll have no real use for advertising/creatives for the next couple of months: i'll officially start with my thesis.

turns out, it's my adviser's last semester in the university. for real this time. meaning, i'm his last thesis advisee. and he knows a lot more about my subject that i do.

alta presión. omg.

need to hit the gym and get this pressure off. except that i'll only get home tired and nauseated.

xanananananana