domingo, noviembre 19, 2006

and now, for moments of unapologetic kabaduyan

i was tweaking my radio blog (the annoying little green audio streamer under the "hoy en la toca" tag) just last night when, suddenly, in the middle of bouts of thinking that somersaulted between my thesis, overdue articles for "the broadsheet", and my shitty personal affairs, thalia's "chika lang (el venao)" played in my head.

and i'm telling you, i know it's out and out baduy, jologs and stuff. but for me, at that very moment, it was cathartic.

you see, i was a thalia fan. no, scrap it. i still am a thalia fan. she's the reason why i endured the many years i had to learn spanish so i could have a decent conversation with some of my relatives down south. she was the first person to ever introduce me to the dynamics of torrid french kissing (remember maria la del barrio, where she was kissing fernando colunga like the latter were juicy tenderloin?). she's my first stab at an orgasmic record buying experience (oh, those days when i laid my hands on a premiere copy of her "amor a la mexicana" cd. i was too young then to cream my pants, though). and yeah, she was pretty much my heroine.

and a little retrospection's good. so that song, from the nandito ako cd, is playing in the radio blog now.

but likewise, since moments like these come ever so rarely, i'm also throwing in another jologs classic. mae rivera's "sabi mo binata ka pa." you know her from "arayyyyy," but arayyy's tooo overrated. this one i like better.

because you see, you don't have to obscurist and drop seemingly elitist, deliberately-out-of-the-mainstream names to retain your creative integrity.

and since we're ni the mexico-filipinas subject, as of this writing pacquiao won to morales by a mere 3-rounder. yes, a 3-rounder.

so! now that i've seen an exclusive "pacquiao" line at nike, will there soon be a louis vuitton "jinkee pacquiao" luggage line? or maybe, an osh kosh b'gosh "princess pacquiao" clothing line?

it's not a very far possibility. he's hogging all endorsements these days anyway. i'd daresay a little crossdressing and extreme whitening and he'd be the next kris aquino.

xananananananananana